Wednesday, June 7, 2023

LETTER TO MA AND PA

My dearest beloved Ma and Pa,


First, a BIG CONGRATULATIONS on completing 40 years together! Wow! where do I start? It’s such a ‘HUGE milestone!  I am so honored that I have been a part of this journey for the longest time, until Glo came along and joined us. I can’t tell how incredibly honored and blessed I am to be called your daughter and to be raised by you.


Though no amount of “Thank you’ s” can suffice what you have done for me during the past years. No amount of money can  compensate the love and sacrifices you have done for me. Even as a little girl, I have watched how you have always put me and my needs above everything else. With the limited amount of money we had, you have given me the best. There has not been a single day I was left hungry although we had hardly anything to eat in the initial days. You have made sure to give me the best clothing, the best house, the best education and above all taught me the Word of God. Introducing me to Jesus is the best gift of all that you have given me which I am grateful to you forever.


Growing up, I used to be unwell all the time because of asthma. And I remember you both staying up thousands of nights to be beside me, taking care of me, cleaning up the mess, giving me medication, and making sure I could breathe. Even till today. The reason I breathe today is because you gave me life and also saved my life. There would be no me without you. I can scream out loud that God gave me the best parents in the world! Not that I deserve, but that shows how much He loves me. 


Life is so much fun with constant entertainment in the house. I can say that we have laughed so much as a family. We have most fun when we make videos of us singing or acting whether it be pappa’s MGR/ Rajinikanth acting or mummy’s famous jokes. Especially when Glo makes us dance, I love how sportive you are and also participate in all our dumb games. More than parents you are our friend and I love the way we are so open to each other and can talk about anything under the sun. Even when we make wrong decisions you do not blame us but empathize with us and pray for us. 


I need to tell you a million thank yous for taking care of Jaden so amazingly well. Now that I am a parent (PS: I will always be your baby) I understand the struggles you have. Thank you for going out of your way and doing everything to keep us happy. I may not have been able to continue my career if it was not for you both to support me. You have been my constant support at every phase of my life and I can’t be more grateful and thankful to you and to the Almighty God for put me in your life. Thank you for always forgiving me and loving me even though I am stubborn at times. Your zillion prayers for us have kept us from falling.  You are the pillars of my life and I can’t do life without you.


We all know how fast life flies by.  I never want to look back and say, did I appreciate enough. I want to cherish every moment. One thing I admire all these years is that you have ALWAYS put GOD FIRST above everything else. And I know that’s the secret which makes this journey a blessing. We have had our highs and lows as a family, but God has kept us together, protected us and guided us and will continue to do so.


I’m coming to terms that life is like a vapor, we are here today and gone tomorrow. As long are you are with me, I want to tell you how much you mean to me in every possible way. Today as you celebrate God’s goodness and faithfulness in your lives, I wanted to pen my thoughts down to tell you how much I cherish you, love you, adore you and honor you with all my heart.  


Cheers to many more years of fun, laugher, and love together.


God bless you today, always and forever. 


I love you,

Your first born 😊





4 comments:

  1. Superbly described as always, you are the best daughter as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Beautifully written" Grace 🩷 , Happy Anniversary to Uncle and Aunty 🤗

    ReplyDelete