Wednesday, May 17, 2023

7 SONGS OF COMFORT - GRACE'S PLAYLIST

This has been on my heart for a long time to create my own playlist of songs to upload on the net. So, I will be adding few songs close to my heart that I listen to when I am down or just need some comfort, especially during the storms of life.


This is my go-to playlist when that I have listened to  hundred times. These songs have personally ministered to me and encouraged me during tough times in this journey of life. Click on the title of the song to listen to it.




1. Thy will be done | Hillary Scott

This song has helped me get through my journey of bareness and miscarriage. Some of the lines are just penned out of my feelings. All I needed to do is to acknowledge the sovereignity of God and let His will be done. Here are my favourite lines from the song in random order.

I don't wanna think
I may never understand
That my broken heart is a part of your plan
When I try to pray
All I've got is hurt and these four words
Thy will be done

It's hard to count it all joy
Distracted by the noise
Just trying to make sense
Of all your promises
Sometimes I gotta stop
Remember that you're God
And I am not


2. Praise His Name | Gaither Music - ft. Jeff & Sheri Easter

When I felt like everything was falling apart and when my heart was broken, this song spoke to my heart. It healed my pain. It's amazing how a song can comfort you.

When everything falls apart praise His name
When you have a broken heart raise your hands and say
Lord, You're all I need, You're everything to me
And He'll take the pain away


3. When I cry | Gaither Music - ft. Marshall Hall, Guy Penrod, Wes Hampton

This is my all-time favourite songs ever. I love every line. I cry everytime I listen to it. It is so special  to me that whey I cry, He cries and when I'm hurt, he's hurt too. Isn't that sweet?

When I Cry makin' a list of all of the
Good things You've done for me
Lord, I've never been one to complain
But right now I'm lost and
I can't find my way
My world's come apart and
It's breakin' my heart
But it helps to know Your
Heart is breakin' too when I cry, You cry
When I hurt, You hurt when I've lost someone
It takes a piece of You, too
And when I fall on my face
You fill me with grace
'Cause nothin' breaks Your heart
Or tears You apart like when I cry


4. Praise You in the storm | Casting Crowns

If you have ever called me on my phone, you would have definitely heard this song. This is another life song. It reminds me to Praise God in every storm of life. Yes, I will raise my hand and praise the God who gives and takes away.

And I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm


5. Grace | Laura Story

If not for God's grace upon my life, I wouldn't be alive today. He picks up every time we fall. His mercies are new every morning. His grace is sufficient for us. His strength is made perfect in our weakness.

I ask you, "How many times will you pick me up
When I keep on letting you down?"
And each time I will fall short of Your glory
How far will forgiveness abound?
And You answer, "My child, I love you
And as long as you're seeking My face
You'll walk in the power of My daily sufficient grace"


6. I will sing - Don Moen

This is the sincerest song /prayer ever. I can relate to the lyrics when I don't feel like praying and when I feel God is far. Yes, I will sing and praise Him through the sorrow and the pain.

Lord, You seem so far away
A million miles or more, it feels today
And though I haven't lost my faith
I must confess right now
That it's hard for me to pray

But I don't know what to say
And I don't know where to start
But as You give the grace
With all that's in my heart

I will sing, yes, I will praise, even in my darkest hour
Through the sorrow and the pain
I will sing, I will praise, lift my hands to honor You
Because Your word is true, I will sing


7. He will carry You | Scott Wesley Brown

This song is such an encouragement when you have a huge problem, mountain, storm or sorrow. A faith based comforting song that God will carry you through whatever you may be facing today.

There is no problem too big
God cannot solve it
There is no mountain too tall
God cannot move it
There is no storm too dark
God cannot calm it
There is no sorrow too deep
He cannot soothe it
Oh, if He carried the weight of the world upon His shoulders
I know my brother that He will carry you

Hope you liked my playlist. If you have any song you listen to, please share with me. I would love to hear from you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment