Wednesday, November 30, 2016

WHEN I AM WEAK, THEN I AM STRONG


If you have been following my blog closely, I have mentioned about my ill health. Yes, I have been down for a while now. I was diagnosed with ovarian cyst and along with some other complications for which I underwent a very painful surgery. I almost died out of pain while they did few other tests. I knew this was going to be painful since I had read so many reviews before. I didn't want to go through any of these tests or surgery. Several times I cried to God to take this away from me. But God just gave me a verse through my dad on the day of my surgery. He said, “God’s grace is sufficient for Gracema (dad calls me Gracema)”. While being broken, I held on to this verse.

I read again from 2 Corinthians 12 where Apostle Paul says, “Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”

Even now as I'm recovering from the pain, I am mediating that when I am weak, then I am strong. Whatever you may be undergoing today, God’s grace is sufficient for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment