Monday, September 19, 2016

OUTSIDE THE TENT

Verse:

Then the LORD took him outside. "Look up at the sky and count the stars—if you can!" he said. "Your descendants will be that numerous." - Genesis 15:5

Devotion:

Solomon loves to play football. Every time he tells me he is going to play, I'm down with pity party. Thoughts on my mind goes, "This is not fair, I do all the house work and the cleaning and he happily goes off to play. I'm stuck here in the house." This reminds me of what I heard about Abraham. He was stuck inside his tent. When God promised to give him a child, he looked at his circumstance and wondered if it could happen in his old age. God brought Him outside the tent and asked him to LOOK OUTSIDE his tent and count the stars. Sometimes we need to get outside our tent. Get some new prospective. Go somewhere, get by yourself. Do a little dreaming. Get a little vision. You cant stay in the same old problem year after year. I needed to get out of my tent. Give up pity party. I'm ready to get on the pity fast for this year. Are you looking inside or outside your tent?


No comments:

Post a Comment