Friday, November 2, 2012

UNDIVIDED HEART

My heart is all over the place, divided between my family, friends, shoes, clothes, and God. We all have hundreds of things that divide our hearts. For the last few days I have been meditating on what is it to have an UNDIVIDED HEART.

I felt God saying, “Grace, you need to have an undivided heart”. A heart that is not distracted, a heart that will never compromise, a heart that will remain focus on God. A heart that is willing to give up anything, any person, any relationship because this heart is so in focus, so in love with God. It is called the undivided heart. The cry of my heart has been to have an undivided heart.

The heart means everything to our body and the situation of it can effect us spiritually, physically, mentally and emotionally. It says in Proverbs, “Above all else, guard your heart.” May be because the heart is our weakest point. We can have heartaches, disappointments, struggles, hassles and more that can cause us to be broken. Physically, we can carry on. But emotionally, we won’t be able. With those struggles, they can affect our devotion to the Lord. An undivided heart will be soon divided. Once a heart is broken into pieces, it does hurt, of course. A broken heart is a divided heart already. And that kind of heart loses it purpose. It will be dead. It won’t pump blood, it won’t beat, it won’t feel and it won’t be devoted to its Creator because it’s dead. But one great thing is for sure, God hears the cry of the broken. He can restore a broken heart and use it again for His purpose. Once He restores and heals my heart, then I can present it to the King again. This time I can present it as whole and without any distractions. I want to start securing an undivided heart to the Lord.

One good thing that we can do is, we quiet our hearts. It is because the Holy Spirit sometimes speaks in whisper; so when our lives, minds and specially the heart are busy, it can be hard to hear His voice. I want to allow God to show me how He feels about the condition of my heart; Seek Him with all my heart first, not a mate. Even if I have all the riches in life, all the best of friends and all the relationships in the world, but this is my assurance, I will never be completely happy and content with my life and with what I have. The truth is, there will still be a part in my life that can never be replaced or filled by anything in this world because only God can fill those emptiness and restore the broken. I pray that God will give me an undivided heart.

Sometimes it is difficult to secure an undivided heart to the Lord and enjoying life. Insecurities and discontentment still arises. But if we said we encountered God and have experienced His grace in an extreme way, we will be able to keep an undivided heart to the Lord and enjoy this season. A heart that is focused on God only. AN UNDIVIDED HEART!

Scripture verses:

“I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh. Then they will follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. They will be my people, and I will be their God.” (Ezekiel 11: 18-21).

“Hear, O Lord, and answer me, for I am poor and needy…Guard my life, for I am devoted to you…Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I call to you all day long. Bring joy to your servant, for to you, O Lord, I lift up my soul…You are kind and forgiving, abounding in love to all who call to you…You are great and do marvelous deeds; you alone are God. Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.” (Psalm 86: 1-6; 10,11)

No comments:

Post a Comment