Thursday, September 6, 2012

BEING SINGLE


If I were everything God made me to be, you wouldn’t be reading this.

It is hard to be single when everybody around you is not especially when all your friends are getting married and some even have babies. The “big” topic everywhere you go is about being in a relationship or being single.

Sometimes I ask myself if there is a reason I am single. Whatever it is, I am going to fix it so I could finally be "ready" to change my relationship status on Facebook to “married”. I just haven’t met the right person.  It might be the best way God can use my life now. I'm making the most of this season, however long it lasts but I feel it’s much harder to be with somebody who is not part of God's plan for your life. So I should not just haste. Then I read the sentence again…the one that says I’m okay with being single…and realize that it’s not entirely true. I’m supposed to be okay with my singleness. Because clearly, God has me single for a reason. I don’t have a husband right now because I’m not supposed to have a husband. I’m supposed to be content with the life God has given me. Sending His Son to die on a cross for my sins is more than enough reason to celebrate each day I breathe in and out on this earth with reverence, instead of wasting it by waiting for the moment when I will get to join the “Mrs.” community.

I confess that I struggle with being content in my singleness. Yes, I struggle daily.
The good news is that those “single” moments allow me to draw closer to God. I’m reminded to live a life on bended knee and commit to making God’s will my will.

I pray that He develops characteristics in me that my prince charming will say:
She loves God.
She has a beautiful heart.
She is kind.
She is joyful.
She is faithful.
She is gentle.
She can cook (I hope so) :D

God knows me. He knows my struggles. He knows my desires. He labels me “His Child” and will do great things through me if I let Him. Acknowledging that His timing is perfect, I claim Exodus 14:14, “The Lord will fight for you. You need only be still.”

That simple verse gives me hope. Hope that one day, a Godly man will like me enough to put a ring on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment